Checklists & Sample Forms
- Checklist - Debts to Pay First - Checklist of suggested financial priorities, beginning with items like food and other necessities, to help those having financial problems devise a strategy for paying down debts and balancing a budget.
- Sample "Cease Communications" Letter to Creditor - Sample “cease communications” letter to stop creditors from calling and sending letters demanding payment for debts, in accordance with your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Sample Budget - A sample household budget to help families organize their income and expenses, with directions on how to calculate your average monthly discretionary income.
- Sample Personal Financial Statement - Sample form to help individuals and households determine the value of their finances at a given point in time or to monitor fluctuations in the value of assets.
- Sample Billing Dispute Letter - Sample letter to send creditors when disputing a billing statement, including a synopsis of important legal requirements (such as required billing statement disclosures and time limits for responding).
- Sample Request For Credit Report If You Have Recently Been Denied Credit - Sample credit report request letter for consumers who have recently been denied credit, including contact information for the three main credit reporting agencies.